Saturday, April 19, 2014

Final Reflection on Learning

The final lesson of ES2007S was conducted on 15 April 2014. 12 weeks have just gone past in the blink of an eye. Although there were many tight deadlines to be met, it was definitely an enriching and enjoyable module. The knowledge and experience gained from the module were very useful and will definitely go a long way in helping me when I enter into the workplace.

Through the various assignments submitted, I felt that I have become a more confident and competent speaker. Before I started on this module, I was very afraid of making presentations and would tend to just read off the slides on the screen. However, through this module, I learnt about the various presentation styles and things to take note in order to make an effective presentation. In addition, I also came to understand that in order to deliver a good presentation, one has to make the effort to practice and practice. Previously, I always thought a presentation was easy as I had the slides to rely on. Nevertheless, a good presentation will only arise when one makes the effort to practice, engage the audience and value-adds to the existing content that is already presented on the slides. Therefore, in the two presentation assignments that I had, I made the effort to draft out a speech and rehearsed it many times before the actual presentation. I was glad that on the day of the presentations, I was not nervous at all and I managed to deliver the presentation in a manner that I did not even believe that I was capable of doing so. I was relieved that my efforts paid off and such presentations are definitely good practices.

The resume and application letter writing was also a good practice for me. I was clueless on how to write a proper resume and application letter before this module. However, through this module, I learnt about the style, format and things to note while writing my resume and application letter. This is definitely useful as the resume and application letter are items that will pave the way for the first job interview. In addition, it is through the resume and application letter that we are able to market our unique selling points to potential employers. Therefore, by knowing how to write a good resume and application letter, I can better differentiate myself from the other job applicants.

Last but not least, I will like to thank all of my classmates and my tutor, Madam Fazilah for the wonderful time spent during the lesson. The discussions, teachings and interactions were useful and will go a long way in developing myself as a better and learned person.

Thank you all !

No comments:

Post a Comment